Saturday, August 31, 2013

Wethering the Storm by Samantha Towle

Review by Kimmi:
I anticipated this books release since I heard the whisperings that Samantha Towle was going to write it. I absolutely LOVED The Mighty Storm, book one. It sent me on a rock star book search, find, and read kick that lasted for months. However the rock stars were never as badass as Jake, and the lead female characters were never strong enough to stand next to, much less stand up to her rock-n-roll man. At first when I heard about this book being in the works I was a bit apprehensive, because well you can't, or at least I hadn't found and read a book yet that could measure up to TMS. So with our HEA (happy ever after) at the end of The Mighty Storm I couldn't understand why go back to it..... why fix something that isn't broken?
Ahhhh, because HEA doesn't always stay HEA, that's why. And TMS may not have been broken, but Samantha wasn't finished with Jake and Tru's story either.





It took me a while to figure out what Samantha was trying to add to the story, and WHY was she adding to it, but HOLY SHIT AND FUCKITY FUCK,  when it slapped me in the face everything was crystal clear.  And I realized there was no other option but to write Wethering the Storm. Tru may have made it through The Mighty Storm, but can she weather the Storm that is Jake Wethers life? The life of fame, fortune, women.... hell sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll? Is Jake finished with it all and really ready to settle down? Or when the shit gets rocky does he do what he has always done....RUN?
Wethering the Storm nabs 4-Damn I loved this unexpected and totally needed sequel!!!!- Kimmi Stars★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment