Thursday, April 4, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Review by Kimmi



I waited and waited just like every other hard core Beautiful Disaster fan for the release of this book. I have been counting down and marking the days off my calender since January. Was it good? Yes, it really was. Did I love it, yeah, I did. And now for the tricky question: Did it meet my expectations? No, it effin kills me to say, it didn't. Now, I don't know if it is my fault because I built up SO MUCH HIGH expectations and had VERY HIGH hopes for this sequel, but I just feel like it could have been so much more. Because it is Travis' POV, I really expected more of a gritty, raw emotional, and dark feel from this book. I honestly thought Travis was going to have me cringing at points during this story, wanting to look away, but knowing for damn sure I wouldn't,  I mean come on, It's Travis "Mad Dog" Maddox's POV! In Beautiful Disaster he was the most unstable, bat shit crazy, passionate, mother effer I'd ever had the pleasure of reading. 
Travis Maddox
Now with that all being said, I had a really good time reading Travis' side of the story and seeing the world through his eyes. This book is definitely, very much worth reading. Because of course, its freaking Beautiful Disaster, but Travis' Walking Disaster. Why in the hell would you not read it? If you liked Beautiful Disaster, you will thoroughly enjoy Walking Disaster. My favorite part, the part that had me giddy was the Epilogue, if ever there was an epic epilogue, Jamie McGuire freaking KTFO'd with this one ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment