Saturday, April 6, 2013

Going Under by S. Walden

Review by Kimmi



What the freaking hell? That's not at all how I thought that story would go. The first half I thought for sure I had this book figured out. Then somewhere after the middle it went WAY off course. It took me in a direction that was unexpected, dark and uncomfortable. I really liked the story though, don't get me wrong, it was very good. And I love, love when an author flips the script on me and yanks me somewhere I wasn't expecting to end up. However this is the first book I've read in a looong time where the main character SERIOUSLY pissed me off. From the very first chapter I knew me and this bitch would not mesh we would never be friends in the real world. I won't say why, I don't want to sway your opinion before you read it, or spoil the story for you, but I just had to let that be known. This is a very good story on a very real and emotional topic that the author told with the perfect precision. This is definitely a book that you have to read to be able to judge how y ou feel about it. The book reviews vary entirely too much, this is a story that really messes with your beliefs and feelings, so only after you've read it can you explain how it makes you feel. I read ALOT of reviews, and like I said, was yanked out of the direction I thought this book was headed. I say any book that draws this much emotion from reader after reader, is a damn entertaining book indeed.


Ryan
Brooklyn






No comments:

Post a Comment