Monday, May 26, 2014

Love In Rewind by Tali Alexander

 
 

Book Blurb

On the outside Emily Bruel lives the perfect life.  She's been happily married for almost 10 years with two beautiful children.  Living on New York City's Upper East Side, she inhabits a palatial townhouse that was once an embassy.  She has a live in nanny, a housekeeper, a cook, a driver, a masseuse and a trainer.  Young, skinny, stunning, she wants for nothing.  Except of course, the the want she has for her husband to stop ignoring her existence and touch her the way he did once.

Emily starts rewinding her love story with the most beautiful man she has ever laid eyes on:  Louis Bruel.  He was once deemed New York City's most eligible bachelor.  He plucked and hooked the then eighteen-year-old-innocent and stunning Emily Marcus before the world had a chance to lay eyes on her  He created a life for Emily that others could only dream of.  Was she a fool to trust that one woman could be enough for the insatiable, gorgeous, playboy millionaire?  Can their uninhibited, scorching romance just fizzle out and die?  With the help of 80's songs we journey back with Emily into their lives and their love in rewind.


Amanda Afterdark's Review

This book was DA BOMB YO!!!  After Louis & Emily finally start fooling around this book was making me super horny.  No joke!  I actually PM'd the author and told her that her book was making me horny.  Never done that before HA!  I do believe she took it as the compliment it was meant to be.  I then decided to blast it all over my FB page with some weird kitty pics to accompany my statement.  That was a fun day LOL.

This was one of the most fun books I've read in a long time.  I love the 80's.  But even if you don't love the 80's you will be able to appreciate what Tali does with this book.  I am lovingly calling this an interactive pop up book for adults.  There are clicky links all over this book that when you click on them you go to Tali's website and BOOM there is the 80's song plus lyrics.  Say wha???  Ya, that's right.  There are also other links that take you to Wikipedia from where certain quotes originated from.  This is the first book of this kind I've read.  I ABSUFUCKINLUTELY loved every second of it.  So, I'm reading along and I click on a song ~ Rock out for a bit and carry the fuck on!  And, you know you always wondered what the hell some of these songs lyrics where so you just made them up.  Well, she also had the lyrics written out so you can sing along.  Which, if you don't have a great a voice like moi, could be bad depending on where you are reading this book.

So, I can't wait to read Sara's story next.  Tali better hurry her ass up on that!!! 

Imma say this again, I don't ever need to identify with characters in a Fictional Story to enjoy it.  Man, I don't know why this bothers me so much when people are reviewing books.  That they have this weird need to identify with the characters FFS.  Well, I don't.  Because it's a book.  It was meant to be enjoyed.  I can take a book for what it is and just enjoy it.  Maybe I'm just blessed?  Ya, let's go with that, I'm blessed.

Love in Rewind is now currently in my TOP 5 books of this year so far!!!

"I should have known the end would be closing in on my fairy tale eventually.  Fairy tales aren't meat to last outside the pages of a book"

 



No comments:

Post a Comment