Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Arsen by Mia Asher

Review by Kimmi
I'm writing this review having just walked out of the end of this fucked up, emotionally havoc wrecking crazy ass story. So excuse my incoherence, I'm still a little raw from the pain and my mind is still trying to figure out wtf just happened. There wasn't a single fucking thing right about this story. It was wrong on so many levels that I can't even tell you how I wanted it to end, or if it was a happy ending. I'm just sitting here utterly baffled and totally fucking confused. I can say that this, this is a story that will stay under my skin well after the reading the last page. I can't give you any specific details on the story with out feeling like I'm giving it away or spoiling the fundamental element of the story. The main character Cathy is a character that the reader can very easily relate to. Mia Asher did a fantastic job of tapping into the mind of a house wife, and what every single one of us comes to doubt about ourselves and our seemingly boring marriages. This is the heartbreaking story of a happily ever after falling to pieces when it shouldn't have splintered to begin with. It pulls you through the wringer and into the bowels of emotional hell, then it spits you out and leaves you used up, wasted, and devastated. I quiet honestly can't even tell you at this time if I liked the book. I loved it, don't get me wrong. Any book that can leave you as fucked up as this one does deserves the recognition and the 5 stars for leaving such an enormous impression on your soul. It's the fact that it left me so damn confused about how to feel about what the fucking hell I just went through that will make this review leaving you scratching your head as to whether you want to 1-click this motherfucker or not. I say 1-click dammit, 1-click and don't look back, just dive into it. It was the best, most fucked up read of my life. And for that Arsen gets 5 I'm-fucking-sorry....WHAT? Kimmi stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment