Friday, May 24, 2013

Everyone please help me in welcoming one of my best friends Author S. Mulholland to LipSmackin' GoodBooks during Rachel's Big Birthday Bookie Bash for a book interview on her upcoming debut novel Stay


Hey Suly!! Thank You so much girl for having this interview with me on Stay, your debut novel that is coming out Friday, May 31st!


And I also want to thank the birthday girl, Rachel Olson for inviting us to her Big Birthday Bookie Bash and to wish our Rachy Baby a Happy Birthday *cheers, screams, and whistles*



1) Tell us about your book. How did you come up with the story?
-My book is about a couple that keep themselves at arm’s length because of their abusive pasts. They struggle to find each other—to stay together because of the one thing that they do not know they have in common—abuse. 
The story came to me when I was thinking about everything that I had been through in my life and how I had gotten to that point. I also thought about the experiences of those close to me…then I put those things together to create Alexandra and Jason. 
2) Do you relate to your main character, Alexandra? If so, how?
-I would say that the thing I can relate to the most is her don’t take crap from anybody’ attitude. We both have an instinct to always defend ourselves and those that we love. 
3) How did you get interested in writing New Adult Romance?
-I got interested in writing this Genre when I realized that my foul mouthed characters couldn’t be in the YA category. I have to say I love writing in this genre so far. 
4) What kind of research did you do for this book?
-Fortunately, I didn’t really have to do much research for this story. I probably shouldn’t admit this but the places and other things that you would think are made up are actually all real.
5) What's a typical working day like for you? When and where do you write? Do you set a daily writing goal?
-A typical working day for me is waiting for my husband to get home from work and then heading off to a Café. That’s where I do most of writing while I people watch and such. I do not set a writing goal at all. I find that it takes away the fun and spontaneity of writing, which is how I started doing this to begin with. 
5) What is the hardest part of writing for you?
-The hardest part of writing for me is the editing process. It’s brutal. You just keep seeing things that you want to change or add. It’s a never ending process but worth it in the end. 
6) What are you working on now and how does it differ from Stay?
-Right now, I am working on Jason’s story called Never Let Me Go. Although, I know that most people say that doing a book from the lead males’ perspective is like reading the first book all over again, I don’t think that’s entirely the case here. Those that read Stay, I think will understand what I mean. Even though, it would follow the same timeline, it would be Jason’s life and mysteries as opposed to Alexandra’s experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment