Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review -- Number Thirteen by Bella Jewel





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20879280-number-thirteen



https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/861077199?book_show_action=false


What a ride this one was. Good garden of peas...

Im not really sure how to express myself with this one. Number Thirteen kept me off kilter. I read it in one sitting, barely coming up for breaks. It consumed me. I needed to know what was going to happen.

I love when I can not figure out what is going on in the book Iam reading, and Number Thirteen had my mind all over the place. Just when I thought I had it figured out, a wrench would get thrown into the mix and leave me scratching my head.

William surprised me. I found myself assuming he was going to be a certain way, and yet he was nothing like I imagined him to be. He was a pleasant surprise and I found myself falling in love with him. Due to a messed up child hood and a tragedy that should not of happened when he was 13, William made sure he did not become the monster that people were trying to make him. Quiet and reserved, he has decided to take the lessons he has learned and teach them to others. So he decides to kidnap 13 girls. So he can teach them these lessons and give them better lives then what they were living.

Number Thirteen wakes up disoriented and stuffed into a crate with 12 other women. With her memory wiped and drugs coursing through her veins, she can not figure out what is happening. Number Thirteen was my favorite type of heroine. Strong, determined, not willing to back down easily, refusing to admit defeat. As she fights to get her memory back, she begins to realize that her memories may very well be better off forgotten.

As William and Number Thirteen begin to forge a relationship, jealousy becomes a problem amongst the girls. And as Number Thirteen's feelings become deeper for William, feelings become hurt. But when the unexpected happens, the girls find their world once again torn apart, with only each other to lean on.

And I have to say, the ending surprised me. It was a nice little twist.


No comments:

Post a Comment