Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tangled by Emma Chase


Review by Kimmi

This was the most fun I've had reading a book in a long time! I lmao at least once a chapter! It was funny, witty, sexy, did I mention it was fun as hell?

This entire book reads like the diary of a playboy. It's Drew's story, and he tells his story the way I tell my reviews, side notes, "Ok, stop right here"'s, with his little interjections in the middle of his story telling. Of course I loved it! First of all his story style is the male version of my reviewing style, secondly, remember this has always been my favorite type of books, Tangled is told solely by the male lead character's POV. Everything about this book was a breath of fresh air! And yes, I'll admit it, I put Gideon down for Drew's story after only reading the first chapter. I was just going to read a little bit to see where to put it on my tbr list, but once I started, I never looked back, and damn I'm glad I didn't!

Drew is not only the baby of his wealthy family, but he is also the only son, and the child that his parents thought they'd never have (because of his mothers infertility issues). Now that I've explained that minute detail of Drew, you can see his every wish or need was served on a silver platter, and his every bite of life was from a silver spoon, therefore creating every single woman's kryptonite. Handsome, like fine as hell, swoon worthy handsome, wealthy, extremely successful, and all Drew has to do is smile in his tailor made Armani suits, and the panties drop. The ladies will say yes to any and everything he says or asks, just for a chance to have a moment in his life, errrr, bed. 
Drew is the shark, the star, the prodigy his father always hoped would help lead the family  investment banking firm. And like a good son, Drew still loves to make his Pops proud.
Keeping to his Saturday night ritual, he and his friends are at NY city's hottest club, and he already has a lady lined up for the night and anxiously waiting for him at the table in the corner. However when Drew's eyes land on the brunette by the bar, ole Red at the corner table never enters his mind again. But the brunette isn't interested, I mean she is, her body is telling, no screaming that its interested, but her mouth says different, and hard as he tries, for the first time ever a catch hops off his hook! She turned him down! I know right? WTFH?!?! Oh well, least he still has Red for back up.
Drew

The following Monday his secretary informs Drew about a slight change in his meetings for the day, a employee that his father wants him to meet pushes his 1 o'clock back. No biggie, at least until he walks into the meeting and it's then that he realizes why after he explained what he did for a living at the bar Saturday night, that her face closely resembled a cats, after it'd swallowed the canary.
Kate's life is the polar opposite of Drew's. Everything Kate has she worked her ass off for. She watched her mother struggle just to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table and promised herself no matter what, she would always be able to take care of herself, and take care of herself very well. Engaged to the man that has been her boyfriend for a decade, she knows Drew's game, she knows what he's selling, and she is not buying. 
Kate

Drew finds himself in quiet the predicament, he's never been faced with a challenge, and he's never not gotten what he wanted, especially when it comes to women. And yes, he hears the words that Kate's mouth is speaking, but he chooses to read what her body is saying, she wants him, she just needs to stop fighting it.
As the story continues, remember just like pages from Drew's diary, his thoughts, you are a woman inside this man's head, and there are times you want to knee him in the balls, castrate him, shank him in the throat, however, on the other side of that coin your heart breaks for him, you're protective of him, and you really, really want him to get the love of this woman he is chasing, you want him happy, and complete.

This book was so damn funny! That I can not help my self, I give to you, a Drewism's Montage:

Drew explaining why he doesn't sleep with his co-workers, and will never sleep with his hot blond secretary Erin:
"No, I haven’t fucked her. Not that I wouldn’t love to. Trust me, if she didn’t work for me, I’d hit that harder than Mohammed Ali."

Drew at his 1oclock meeting with the new employee, Kate:
"The first is: God hates me. The second is: I have been a naughty, naughty boy for most of my life, and this is my payback. And you know what they say about payback, right? Yep. She’s one hairy bitch."

Drew falls, hard for Kate:
"But then she opens her eyes and looks up at me. And I can’t look away. I feel like a king—like a fucking immortal. And any self-control I had just vanished. I push into her, fast and merciless. Pure heated pleasure swells in my stomach and down my thighs. Sweet Jesus."

Drew is in a conversation with his sister while his 4 year old niece pipes up:
Mackenzie raises her hand proudly. 
“I have a bagina.” I smirk. “Yes, you do sweetheart. And someday, it’s gonna help you rule the world.” “Johnny Fitzgerald has a penis. He say his penis is better than my bagina.” “Johnny Fitzgerald’s an idiot. Vaginas beat penises every time. They’re like kryptonite. Penises are defenseless against them.”

Drew is telling his big sis his opinion on teaching his niece Mackenzie that its ok to want to grow up and be a princess and marry a prince:
“You’re a stay-at-home mom. Which is very commendable, don’t get me wrong. But she should be exposed to career women too. And for God’s sake, don’t let her watch Cinderella. What kind of example is that? A mindless twit who can’t even remember where she left her damn shoe, so she has to wait for some douchebag in tights to bring it to her? Give me a frigging break.”

Loved Drew's diary! I mean his story, book, whatever! This was a freaking blast!
Kimmi easily rewards Tangled with 5 playboy Kimmi stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment